I am not a huge baker, but on special occasions I usually bake one of two things: 1) oatmeal cookies (usually with raisins, dark chocolate, and ginger) or THIS guinness cake. Delish! Years ago I took the recipe from @people and I've made variations of it ever since! Today's variation: used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, made only half the portion, and used powdered sugar with blackberries instead of frosting.
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9" pan.
- Heat 1/2 cup of guinness and 5 tbsp of unsalted butter over medium-low heat until butter melts; remove from heat. Whisk in 3 heaping tbsp of unsweetened cocoa and 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 tbsp of low-fat sour cream, 1 large egg, and 2 tsp of vanilla; whisk INTO cocoa mixture.
- Whisk in 1 cup of whole-wheat flour and 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and add a few blackberries. Yum.