Alanna Cabrero Nutrition
based in bushwick. available all over.
My philosophy is simple. I believe that if you truly make an effort to eat healthy foods, exercise, and incorporate self-care and joy into your life 51% of the time, the other 49% will naturally fall into place (even if it’s not “perfect”). Bottom line: We can strive to eat well MOST of the time, not ALL the time.
I’ve never liked extremes. I don’t believe in excluding foods (if not necessary), having everything liquefied, or never ever ever having sugar again. I don’t think that’s real. I believe in a healthy medium. Maybe that makes me the worst dietitian ever, but maybe, just maybe, this way of thinking has allowed me and my clients to reach our goals, enjoy food, and (surprise, surprise) enjoy THE PROCESS.
A few other things you should know about my approach:
When your food changes, everything changes! I promise.
Based in Bushwick. Available all over. Nutrition programs are virtual.
Check out my schedule.
English, Spanish, & Spanglish!
I am originally from Cancun, Mexico. Prior to living in New York, my nutrition journey began in Washington, DC, where I attended American University for a B.S. in Health Promotion and two minors in Business and Dance (ex-Ballet dancer!). Soon after I became a Health Coach certified by Teachers College of Columbia University and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I completed a second B.S. in Nutrition and Food Science from Hunter College. I accomplished my dietetic internship with Sodexo at New York Hospital of Queens, while simultaneously finishing my Masters in Clinical Nutrition at New York Institute of Technology. I received Alpha Eta honors in Clinical Nutrition from NYIT.
These are the areas of nutrition I am very passionate about: integrative nutrition, living healthy with cancer, pediatric & family nutrition, gastrointestinal health, weight management, healthy relationship with food, bulk cooking, mindful eating, and making healthy food simple!
Some of my work experience:
Each nutrition plan is tailored to your needs and goals. With continuing support, encouragement, accountability, progress reports, and possible tweaks in your plan, together we’ll strive to build healthy habits that effortlessly integrate into your lifestyle.
How long are the sessions?
Initial sessions are 60-minutes and follow-up sessions are 30-minutes.
Where do we meet?
Most sessions are done over the phone, FaceTime, or Skype. Initial consultations may be scheduled in person for an added cost. Alanna Cabrero Nutrition, PC is all about convenience, which is why the program is virtual. We can talk on your lunch break, during your commute, or after your kid’s bedtime. If it’s scheduled 24 hours in advance, it’s happening!
How frequent do we meet?
Sessions are usually once every 1-2 weeks, but frequency is determined by your goals and schedule.
Do you need to prepare anything before we start working together?
Prior to starting a nutrition program/session, you will be asked to fill out an in-depth Confidential Initial Assessment. Be ready to answer questions about your lifestyle, nutritional habits, and medical health history. During the sessions, I would strongly suggest taking notes. .
You should expect to leave with your own program that includes:
Haven't quite figured out if Alanna Cabrero Nutrition is right for you? That's okay! Sometimes it helps to learn more about my style, what to expect, and the perfect nutrition plan for you with a quick phone call. This 10-minute call is to help answer any questions you may have about the nutrition plans and how your goals can be achieved by working together. Shoot me an email at email@example.com or schedule a session directly.