Homemade Granola. A classic!
Granola can be served on top of yogurt, as a topping for whole wheat pancakes, or as added crunch to peanut butter spread on toast!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 ½ TBS Agave nectar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS flax seeds
- ¼ cup of walnuts or almonds or hazelnuts
- ¼ cup of golden raisins or cranberries or cut-up dried apricots
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Mix oil, Agave, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Slowly add flaxseeds and oats to the bowl. Mix well, until oats are fully coated.
4. Spread out granola onto a parchment paper or baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Stir well, add nuts, and bake for another 10 minutes or until oats are golden.
6. Add raisins and allow to cool.
FYI. Oats will get crispy as they cool, so don’t worry if they seem soft when they’re hot.
Thank you to Margot Q for the added inspiration.