Inspired by a recipe from @VerdeyRebelde, these vegan cookies are so easy to make and (almost) guilt-free. They contain no milk, no eggs, no added sugars (except for a little stevia), and are gluten-free! Best part of it all is that you are in and out of the kitchen in 40 minutes, tops.
Ingredients (to make 10-12 cookies):
- 2 ripe bananas (some black spots are required!)
- 6 heaping tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of coconut flakes
- 1.75 to 2 oz of dark chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or sesame butter (for those with allergies)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 - 2 packets of stevia (depending on your sweet tooth!)
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
First crush the bananas with a fork. Mix in cinnamon, stevia, and baking soda. Then add nut or seed butter and mix. Start adding dry ingredients one a time- oats, coconut flakes, and lastly, the chocolate pieces. Use a spoon to scoop and make small cookie balls with your hands. Use small amount of coconut oil on a cookie tray. Cook for 22 to 25 minutes at a temperature of 325F. Enjoy!
Calories per cookie: 90 (no added sugars!)
Happy Saturday baking! Yum.