I’m all about saving time these days. These are a lazy version of chiles rellenos, but nonetheless, equally delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 whole, peeled, seeded green poblanos
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 whole extra large eggs
- 2/3 cup of 2% milk
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon of Everyday Seasoning (Trader Joe’s product with sea salt, mustard seeds, black peppercorns, coriander, onion, garlic, paprika)
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chiles in 2-3" pieces. Add a single layer of chilies on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top chiles with the sliced onions.
- Add grated cheese.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and seasoning. Pour egg mixture all over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Voila! Cut into squares and serve with corn tortillas, side salad, or on it’s own. This meal is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Recipe slightly tweaked from The Pioneer Woman.