Healthy Gifting Holiday “Good"ies
December is challenging (and fun, don’t get me wrong). Family dinners, office parties, secret santa exchanges and impromptu holiday gatherings… we are constantly faced with unhealthy temptations (cookies, candy, donuts, cocktails, fried appetizers, you name it). So, instead of joining the feeding frenzy, consider changing your gifting ideas. They can still be creative, fun, useful, and best of all- healthy! Below are some ideas.
- The gift of coffee. Buy freshly roasted coffee in small paper bags labeled with the variety and tie on a holiday decoration or coffee scoop. Even better- invite your friends and family to the best coffee in NYC!
- A gift basket from Bklyn Larder including fleur de sel, beans from cayuga, chile de arbol, extra virgin olive oil and yummy vinegar. OR, even better, make your own basket (see above pic) with jars of jam/jelly, gourmet mustards, dark chocolate, coffee, teas and/or holiday decorations.
- Elegant portion control- who knew?! 3 Piece dinnerware designed to measure food group portions discreetly.
- Dark Chocolate a la Brooklyn. The fanciest 72% dark chocolate bars in town from Cacao Prieto.
- Jar to mug. If you have any sized mason jar, you can turn it into a travel mug with Cuppow.
Inspiration: Charlotte Observer. For foodies on your list: Gifts to please the palate