Each session/plan is tailored to your needs and goals. With continuing support, encouragement, accountability, progress reports, and possible tweaks in your plan, together we’ll strive to build healthy habits that effortlessly integrate into your lifestyle.
How long are the sessions?
Initial sessions are 60-minutes and follow-up sessions are 30-minutes.
Where do we meet?
Alanna Cabrero Nutrition, PC is all about convenience, which is why the program is virtual. Most sessions are done over the phone, FaceTime, or Skype. We can talk on your lunch break, during your commute, or after your kid’s bedtime. If it’s scheduled 24 hours in advance, it’s happening! Note: Initial consultations may be scheduled in person for an added cost.
How frequent do we meet?
Sessions are usually once every 1-2 weeks, but frequency is determined by your goals and schedule.
Do you need to prepare anything before we start working together?
Prior to starting a nutrition session/plan, you will be asked to fill out an in-depth Confidential Initial Assessment. Be ready to answer questions about your lifestyle, nutritional habits, and medical health history. During the sessions, I would strongly suggest taking notes. .
You should expect to leave with your own program that includes:
- medical nutrition therapy review of any clinical condition or diagnosis
- assessment of your most recent labs
- food allergies, intolerances, or dietary restrictions (vegan, paleo, etc)
- meal planning, scheduling, and/or grocery lists
- pre- and post-workout intake for optimal training and results
- basics on physical activity guidelines
- food evaluations including nutrient breakdowns
- food preparation tips
- pantry makeovers
- portion control & calorie guidelines
- cognitive behavior therapy techniques as they relate to weight management and maintenance
- food labels, deciphering ingredients
- mindful and emotional eating
- tips on dining in and eating out
- dietary supplements
- managing alcohol consumption
- healthy traveling, including on-the-go snacks
- lifestyle considerations: movement, relationships (with people or food itself), stress, sleep, and finding a healthy medium
Jump ahead to WORK WITH ME to learn more about the nutrition sessions/plan available.